Thursday, May 14, 2009

Walnuts and Raisins Bread Loaf


The weather is so unpredictable these days, one minute it is hot and sunny, the next you get thunderstorm. I hate to bake bread on a rainy day as the bread dough takes almost forever to proof. But I found out later that I can actually warm up my microwave oven and leave my dough inside to speed up the proofing, I can bake bread almost any time. Again, using my basic white bread recipe, I added chopped walnuts and raisins and turned it into a sweet bread.

After I sliced it, I can hardly see the nuts and raisins. I wonder where did they go to? I added quite a substantial amount but .... The bread is slightly tinted, I suspect it's because I added the nuts and raisins 10 mins towards the end of the whole kneading cycle and that causes the fruit and nuts to breakdown further. I'll probably have to add them towards the last 5 mins instead.

2 comments:

Irene said...

using d oven is 1-way to poof, another way is d dryer, which is what am using nowadays..

The Little Teochew said...

Looks really gooood. The crust is so shiny and pretty, and the bread looks so soft and cottony :)