Monday, May 11, 2009

Orange Pudding


This is another overdue post. I got this recipe from HHB's blog. Original recipe uses mango but I replaced it with orange instead.

I do not know if there's any difference in low fat version vs original version of evaporated milk but I find this pudding way too sweet for us (I used original). Correct me if I'm wrong but I've always thought evaporated milk are unsweetened? Maybe the sweetness came from the jelly? Oh well, kids like this so I may need to find a way to reduce the sweetness.

Ingredients
1 packet (90g) of jelly crystals (pineapple flavour)
1 cup (250ml) of boiling water
1 can of Carnation Evaporated Milk
1 mango, cut into small cubes

Method

  1. Pour a cup of hot boiling water into a bowl, stir in the jelly crystals making sure the crystals dissolved completely. (If the crystals doesn't dissolve completely, heat the mixture in a saucepan, stir till the crystals dissolve completely.) Set aside and let it cool off a little.
  2. Add in the can of evaporate milk. Stir in the mango cubes. Mix well. Spoon into jelly cups. Chill in fridge to set.

Tip: There is no mango flavoured jelly crystals, so the closest is the pineapple flavour. After filling the jelly cups, use a teaspoon to remove air bubbles which will form on the surface, otherwise there will be unsightly bubbles on the surface of the pudding when set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The evaporated milk is not sweet. The sweetness comes from the jelly (being all in one). To cut down on sugar, best to use gelatine....