Friday, May 22, 2009

Fa Gao II


Sister E deliberately took measurements for me when she made Fa Gao last Saturday since my Fa Gao making hasn't been very successful. I decided to give it another try and I must say it's so much better than my previous attempts. However, the texture is still quite dense. Is Fa Gao supposed to be dense? I have no idea as I don't like Fa Gao and I've not eaten this for a long time.

I was supposed to make a cross on the batter before putting them into the steamer but I was way too excited and forgot this step. Nevertheless, the Fa Gao did bloom :)

Recipe
Method
330g Self Raising Flour
180g sugar
1 egg
380ml

Method
  1. Mix Self Raising Flour & Brown sugar into a mixing bowl.
  2. Add in water and egg, mix until well-combined.
  3. Pour batter into cups till 90% full, steam on high heat for 30 minutes or till cooked.

No comments: