Monday, May 11, 2009

Sweet Potato Bun - Steamed


After cooking some sweet potato soup and used up 2 for the chips, I have 3 more left in my pantry. I have this recipe on hand but I can't remember where it came from so if you know the orignator, please let me know so I can credit him/her accordingly.


When I did this last time, I used to plait it but I'm too lazy to do anything fanciful as:
  1. I don't have much time to spare
  2. I'm using my AMC steamer which can only accommodate a 8" round cake pan
This is a very soft and fluffy bun although the look is not impressive. This shows that I've a lot to improve on :P



Sweet Potato Buns
Ingredients
300g sweet potato, cooked and mashed
160g plain flour, sifted
80g caster sugar
40ml corn oil
1 tsp instant yeast

Method

  1. Add mashed sweet potato, sifted flour, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
  2. Add oil and knead till smooth and shinny.
  3. Divide dough into small portions of 50 gm each and shape as required.
  4. Place buns on lined or greased baking tray for 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
  5. Steam on high heat for 10 - 15 mins.

No comments: