Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mango Konnyaku Jelly


Another hot Saturday night... I was supposed to be catching up on my Korean TV drama (快刀洪吉童) on cable but I decided to make this since I'm planning to visit my parents tomorrow. I'm sure my Dad will like this.

This is my first attempt and I have no idea that it yields so much! I filled up 3 trays but was left with half portion in the pot. I got lazy and poured the balance into a bigger tray :P

Maybe because I used mango puree instead of fresh mangoes, the "pudding" is not very fragrant. The texture is nothing like puddings that you eat in restaurants because konnyaku powder is used in this recipe. But if you like Cocon's mango pudding, you'll like this too. Instead of calling it Mango Pudding, I call it Mango Konnyaku Jelly.

Recipe adapted from Table for 2... or more

Ingredients
10gm konnyaku powder
200gm sugar
1.5L water
100 gm creamer powder (coffeemate)
200ml mango concentrate (I just made do with Mango puree, unsweetened)
Nata de coco (as much as u want)

Method

  1. Mix sugar and konnyaku powder together
  2. Boil water, then add in creamer. Stir to dissolve.
  3. Slowly spoon in sugar mixture.
  4. Stir well, and let simmer for 10 minutes on low fire, stirring once in a while.
  5. Fill moulds with Nata de Coco with desired amount.
  6. Turn off fire and pour in mango concentrate. Stir.
  7. Pour jelly mixture into moulds. Chill well before serving.

1 comment:

WendyinKK said...

Now I know why ur blog has so many leads into my blog.Haha!!

I was curious why there're 80 plus visits coming from ur blog monthly, few months back. Now I know why. Hahahaha!!!!
Thanks!