Monday, March 23, 2009

Cheese Brownie


Alright, I must admit this picture does not look appealing but trust me, this brownie taste heavenly! I'm not a fan of brownie but this really rocks!

My sister E first made this and her boys love it, especially so from the freezer. I'm not a chocolate fan so I never bake with any chocolate. It's a different story now that I have kids. They love chocolates. Instead of buying brownies which are always overly-sweet, I decide to bake them this since sister E gives so much rave about it.

Recipe from here

Brownie Ingredients
180 gm. Butter - melted
275 gm. brown sugar (I use 180g)
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla essence
120 gm. self-raising flour
70 gm. cocoa powder

Cheese filling:
250 gm. cream cheese
45 gm. butter
80 gm. icing sugar (I use 60g)
1 egg

Some chocolate chips to sprinkle on top

Method
  1. Mix melted butter with brown sugar until well combined.
  2. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla essence.
  3. Gently fold in flour and cocoa powder and stir till smooth.
  4. For cheese filling: beat cream cheese, butter and icing sugar until well combined. Add in egg, beating well.
  5. Pour half of brownie batter into loaf pan, then pour in cheese filling. Then pour the balance brownie batter on top of cheese filling. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
  6. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 40 min.s or until cooked.

Own Notes:
Tecno TEO 3400: Bake at 160C for 40 mins.

8 comments:

Shopaholic2802 said...

looks awesome...mite try this over the weekend

Unknown said...

yummy!! 2 bad my ger cant take chocolate or any heating fds bcz she has sensitive lung :((

Blessed Homemaker said...

Shopaholic2802
I hope you've enjoyed the brownie as much as we did :)

blurblur-sahm
Oh, what a pity. Maybe you can bake for your DH ;)

muimui said...

Sori i'm a newbies in baking. Happen to saw that you are using tecno electric oven teo3400 too. Which i recently bought. But i do not know how to use it for baking cake and steam bake cheesecake. Can you pls share with me. I have been trying to bake on this oven for few weeks and are really deperated. Wonder with function to use for baking. I tried using middle rack and heating element from up and down, but cake middle part not cooked. May i know which rack and element of heating parts. Sori i happen to saw yr blog from goole search. Thank you very much, if you would share with me.

Blessed Homemaker said...

muimui, I personally feel that the temp of this oven is relatively hotter than other ovens so I usually reduce the temp by 10C. For baking time, I just had to trial and error. Most of the time I use the lower rack but will raise it up with something below. And I always use top and bottom heat for baking.

mel said...

Hi

"Add in eggs, one at at time, mixing well after each addition." Does that mean I have to keep stirring the mixture till there is some increase in volumn?Sry for this silly question. Never bake brownies before and I've phobia of sinking cakes. Thanks in advance.

Rgds
Mel

Blessed Homemaker said...

Hi Mel,
There won't be a significant increase in volume after adding in the eggs. As I used a balloon whisk throughout, I stopped whisking when cracking in the egg and stir till all streaks of eggs have disappeared before cracking in another egg. Hope that helps.

Mel said...

Hi Blessed Homemaker ^^

Yup, this info does help me alot =)
Thanks

Rgds