Friday, March 13, 2009

Quick and Easy Brownie

We brought the kids to Häagen-Dazs last weekend and ordered 6 scoops of ice cream served with waffle. While waiting for our ice cream, DD1 decided she wanted brownie instead. Since we've already placed the order for a while, I told her I'll bake her brownies one day.

I have a simple brownie recipe (from allrecipes.com) on my To Do list for the longest time but always procrastinating baking it. With all the ingredients on hand, I decided to try out this new recipe. Original recipe calls for pecans which I omitted. Instead, I sprinkled the top with grounded almond and chocolate chips. The texture is soft and moist but still, not quite what I was expecting. To me, it tasted more like a chocolate cake. Kids love it though. Looks like I'll still have to fall back on my good old Cheese Brownie (which I'll post separately).


Ingredients
125g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
65g unsweetened cocoa powder
450g white sugar (I use 250g but it's still too sweet)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I omitted)
170g melted butter
4 eggs

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Grease and flour a 9x13inch baking pan.
  3. Mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Stir to blend.
  4. Mix in 3/4 cup melted butter and 4 eggs.
  5. Mix thoroughly. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan.
  6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely in pan before cutting into 2 inch squares.

Own Notes:
Tecno TEO 3400: Bake at 160C for 30 mins

1 comment:

Jackie said...

we never bake brownies before. thanks for sharing.