Thursday, March 12, 2009

Beef Stew

Ever since I started cooking for the family in May 2008, I've been cooking most dishes MY WAY. Not that I'm a good cook but I can't follow complicated instructions and everything must be simplified. I don't have any spices at home (besides the usual pepper, if it's considered as a kind of spice :P) and everything I cook, it has to be quick and easy.


With a 1yo toddler who's forever so difficult to coax her to take a nap, I can only think of cooking 1 pot dish. Again, I cooked it my way. As I was preparing this dish, I realised I ran out of onions. I'll love to have them in my stew but as I was running short of time, I can't possibly run to the nearest store to get any. So I substituted with loads of garlic, added 1 big carrot, 2 medium sized potatoes, 1 zucchini, 2 pcs of beef (I used Top Side) and a cup of chicken stock.

The taste may not be as rich as restaurants' stews but for the nutritional value, I think it's good enough for my family. This was our lunch today :)

1 comment:

卡珞 said...

You have a great beef stew. I do have a recipe of this, kind of different. You may try this out if you like it. :)

http://carollyl.co.cc/2009/04/25/beef-kaldereta-菲律宾式炖牛肉/