Thursday, April 23, 2009

Basic Bread - for bread machines


When I was surfing for a basic white bread recipe using the breadmachine, I found one using plain flour and oats in allrecipes.com. There were so much rave about it so I decided to try it. However, I always get a sunken top. I like the bread as it's soft and most importantly, the ingredients used are very basic and I always have them in my kitchen cabinet. I have no idea what went wrong. Tried trouble-shooting to no avail.

A forum member, Laramie, shared her basic white loaf bread with us in M4M. I tried it and it has been my regular recipe if I'm lazy to do fanciful breads.


I do not know if you have the same problem as me but the crust of bread baked in a bread machine is too thick and I always end up slicing them away to feed the dog. Since DD3 is older now, I can put her on the highchair/exersaucer while I shape the bread dough and have the breads baked in the oven.

I've seek her permission to post her recipe in my blog (thanks Lara, if you're reading my blog).

Ingredients
1 cup cold water
3 cups bread flour (you can vary the ratio 1 cup plain: 2 cups bread flour if you wish)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt (salt and sugar at opposite sides of the pan)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp yeast (make a hole in the centre & put in the middle of the flour)

Method
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Basic Bread cycle; press Start.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! First time into your blog. I am glad the recipe is a staple in your home. It is mine too. Love it for being fuss free, especially with 3 kiddos and a full-time job!...laramie

Blessed Homemaker said...

Thanks for dropping by. This recipe is definitely a keeper :)

Jackie said...

have i ever ask you for the brand of the bread machine before ? i always wanted to bake bread very much.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Hi Jackie,
I owned a Bluesky, bought from Carrefour. They were having offer @ $39.90 last weekend, UP $129.

quizzine said...

Hi, i tried your recipe and it turned out good! Next on my to-do list is your Cream Cheese Bread! Thanks for sharing ;-)
Cheers,