Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Strawberry Muffins

A few weeks ago, you can find punnets of strawberries from Korea in almost every supermarkets in Singapore. My personal preference is still strawberries from Korea as they are sweeter, or at least, not as sour as the ones from USA. I never fail to buy it whenever I see them on sale. I was doing my regular grocery shopping last Friday and saw punnets of USA strawberries on sale. I wasn't planning to buy any initially but the strawberries are so big and red, I just can't say no to them bwahahaha! The strawberries from this batch are sweet and juicy. I couldn't resist buying another punnet when I was at the supermarket yesterday. The kids love it and finished up 3/4 punnet last night. While I was at the supermarket again this morning, I bought my 3rd punnet within a week!

I had plans to bake another Strawberry Shortcake for DH's birthday but Auntie A gave me 3 big honey mangoes this morning. So, change of plan, I'll either make a Mango Mousse Cake or sandwich the mangoes into the sponge cake. Will see how it goes.

Back to the strawberries, the kids can easily finish up another 3/4 punnet today but DS2 was asking for strawberry muffins the other day, but I baked chocolate chips muffins upon DD1's request. So I should honour my promise.

I've not baked strawberry muffins for quite some time, maybe I should. I'm not a muffin person as I don't quite like the dense texture. I've made this muffin before, vaguely remember that this muffin is quite soft and fluffy.

Strawberry Muffins
Recipe from allrecipes.com

Ingredients
1/4 cup (60g) canola oil
1/2 cup (120ml) milk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
1 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
1 cup (155g) chopped strawberries


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
  2. In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
  3. Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans

Own Notes using Tecno TEO 3400
Bake at 175C for 25 mins.

No comments: