Remember last week when I was on a baking marathon and MIL called? Since DD1 & DS2 went over to BIL's place for lunch, I froze the chicken that I've steamed. Ransacked my supplies and yes, I've got all the necessary ingredients for baked pasta.
Similar to lasagna, I don't usually follow a recipe. I just cook whatever ingredients I have in my fridge. For tonight's dinner, I added onion, celery, shredded chicken and of course, loads of cheese. DH's not a fan of onion but in this dish, he can't tell that I've added onion to it. He's not a fussy eater but as far as onions are concern, he will make lots of noise.
I mixed some mozzarella cheese together with the pasta before covering it up with shredded cheddar cheese. The kids love it :)
This recipe is good for my family of 2A + 2C.
6 -7 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, finely diced
4 leafstalks of celery, sliced
1/2 cup stock
Salt and pepper for seasoning
160g boiled penne pasta, boiled in salted water till al dente
2 cooked chicken thigh, shredded (approx 400g - 500g)
125g cheddar cheese
50g mozzarella cheese (optional)
Some parmesan cheese, to sprinkle (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion, cooked till soft.
- Stir in celery and chicken stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins. Set aside for later use.
- In a casserole, mix in pasta, shredded chicken, cooked vegetables and mozzarella cheese.
- Spread cheddar cheese to cover the top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheat oven of 170C for 30 - 35 mins or till top is golden brown.
We love one dish meal for dinner vry much. This is one of our favourite too.
I m lookin to buy oven proof ware, i would like to try using instead of the alum foils, any recommendations ?
You may use corningware casserole (I use this most often for bakes like this) or normal baking pans.
Post a Comment