I managed to unmould the cake easily again this time round, maybe because the mould is already more seasoned now :)
Yogurt Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolks
40g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
40g corn oil
140g plain yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
120g Cake flour
1/2 tbsp Baking powder
5 egg whites
50g castor sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar (I use 1 Tbsp lemon juice)
- In a bowl, using hand whisk, whisk yolks and sugar till sugar dissolves.
- Add oil and salt, whisk and add yoghurt, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Fold in sifted flour and mix well.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat till the whites are frothy. Add in Cream of Tartar and beat till soft peaks.
- Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture using a rubber spatula till incorporated.
- Pour the mixture to the remaining egg whites and fold in gently till incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a 21cm chiffon tube pan. Bang the pan on the table to get rid of bubbles.
- Oil a piece of aluminium foil and cover the pan loosely. Bake at 170 deg.C for 15mins.
- Turn down the temperature to 160 deg.C and bake for 25mins.
- Remove the foil and reduce the temperature to 150 deg.C and bake for a further 10mins to brown the surface.
- Remove from the oven and invert the pan. Remove the cake from pan when it's completely cooled.
*Note : For convention oven, preheat and bake at 170 to 180 deg.C for 40 to 45mins.