We had these with cold soba and both DD1 and DS2 were given 2 wings each. While the 2 older kids were washing their hands, I found 1 chicken wing missing from DS2's plate. I was worried the dog may have chomped it down but he was sound asleep in his crate. Has the wing "flown" away? The very next moment, I saw my coming 15 months dd munching on it, smiling away. Hahaha!! I gave her that piece for dinner and she finished it all up ;-)
Recipe adapted from here but I've modified it to suit our taste buds.
10 - 15 mid joint chicken wings
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 - 3/4 cup rice flour
1 tbsp curry powder
- Wash and drip dry chicken wings for at least 30 mins.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper, season for 1 hour.
- Overlay the roasting rack with aluminium foil for easy cleaning (you may rub some vinegar on the aluminium foil to prevent the skin from sticking to the foil).
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Mix the flour and curry powder together.
- Dredge the chicken wings till well coated. Shake off excess flour.
- Lined the floured wings on the roasting rack.
- Bake the wings for about 20-30 minutes and turn the wings over and bake another 20-30 minutes or until the wings are cooked.
- Serve immediately.