After cooking some sweet potato soup and used up 2 for the chips, I have 3 more left in my pantry. I have this recipe on hand but I can't remember where it came from so if you know the orignator, please let me know so I can credit him/her accordingly.
When I did this last time, I used to plait it but I'm too lazy to do anything fanciful as:
- I don't have much time to spare
- I'm using my AMC steamer which can only accommodate a 8" round cake pan
Sweet Potato Buns
300g sweet potato, cooked and mashed
160g plain flour, sifted
80g caster sugar
40ml corn oil
1 tsp instant yeast
- Add mashed sweet potato, sifted flour, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add oil and knead till smooth and shinny.
- Divide dough into small portions of 50 gm each and shape as required.
- Place buns on lined or greased baking tray for 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
- Steam on high heat for 10 - 15 mins.