This is for you, CT. I hope you will enjoy it as much as my family did :-)
An overdose on chocolate chips. My kids reminded me not to use so much chocolate chips next time.
Chocolate-Bottom Banana Squares
Adapted from Hearty Bakes
113g butter, unsalted
80g sugar, depending on banana used (sugar reduced)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract (I omit)
3 bananas, mashed (mine was about 220g)
180g plain/cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
25g-30g cocoa powder
Chocolate chips, optional
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle in the egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Beat till creamy.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together and fold in 3 separate batches. Mix well with a spatula.
- Divide the batter into half. Add the cocoa powder to one portion of the batter.
- Pour the chocolate batter into a greased/lined 7 inch square baking. Using a spatula, spread the layer evenly.
- Spread the remaining plain batter on top the cocoa batter and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 25-30mins (I baked mine @ 180C for 20 mins, reduce temperature to 150C and bake for another 5 mins).
This look delicious. Will try it this week. can you share with me how you manage to cook for the family while taking care of there kids all by yourself? I am going to start cooking and taking care of my two kids all by myself. Quite worry how to manage.
This look delicious. Will make it for my kids. How do you manage to cook lunch and dinner while taking care of kids? I am going to cook and look after two kids all by myself. Quite worry can't cope, can share how you do it? From : mabel
Haha, ur kids are so cute.
Usually kids will hope the mommy will dump as much chocolate chips in, LOL.
Wow, so so yummi. I'm at Australia, I can't find cake flour,can I use self raising flour and omit baking powder? hu
Since SRF = APF + baking powder + baking soda + salt, I'll say it's ok to use it in this recipe.
Pls let me know how it turn out for you.
Do I need to use very ripe bananas? K
Certainly looks moist and soft! The flavour must be good! Do hop over to my blog - there's an award for you!
This looks delicious. I must make it for my children and hubby. Thank you.
My kids will love this too! btw, do drop by my blog to pick up an award that I would like to pass it on to you :)
It looks great :)
Oh my gosh, I am drooling over here, those look sooo yummy!
Post a Comment