This is for you, CT. I hope you will enjoy it as much as my family did :-)
An overdose on chocolate chips. My kids reminded me not to use so much chocolate chips next time.
Chocolate-Bottom Banana Squares
Adapted from Hearty Bakes
113g butter, unsalted
80g sugar, depending on banana used (sugar reduced)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract (I omit)
3 bananas, mashed (mine was about 220g)
180g plain/cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
25g-30g cocoa powder
Chocolate chips, optional
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle in the egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Beat till creamy.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together and fold in 3 separate batches. Mix well with a spatula.
- Divide the batter into half. Add the cocoa powder to one portion of the batter.
- Pour the chocolate batter into a greased/lined 7 inch square baking. Using a spatula, spread the layer evenly.
- Spread the remaining plain batter on top the cocoa batter and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 25-30mins (I baked mine @ 180C for 20 mins, reduce temperature to 150C and bake for another 5 mins).