Saturday, May 2, 2009

Min Jiang Kueh (Peanut Pancake)

Hugbear shared this recipe in Kitchen Capers and I've been making this for our breakfast then. After stopping for a while and trying out new recipes, I totally forgot about this until I made my red bean paste. In the past, when I cook this, I only sandwich with peanut butter, cheese or kaya, never used red bean paste before. Since I have some extra paste in the freezer, I decided to make this for our breakfast today.

This is how the batter looks like after leaving to rise in the fridge overnight.



Cook till you see the top is bubbly and set (this pic below is not set yet)



Spread desired fillings. Instead of roasted peanuts with sugar, I just juse peanut butter.

Here's one with Nutella.

And my favourite red bean paste!

I usually cook 1.5X or double the recipe for my family of 2A + 2C.

Min Jiang Kueh
Ingredients
150 g Top Flour (I replace with all purpose flour)
10 g Tapioca Flour (can replace with corn flour)
250 ml Water
2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Alkaline Water (I omit)
1/2 tsp Yeast


Method

  1. Mix all ingredients and leave to rise for 2 hours. (I leave mine in the fridge overnight)
  2. Lightly oil a flat frying pan. Pour some of the flour mixture into the frying pan and swirl the pan to coat it evenly.
  3. Use small fire to cook until the bottom is golden brown; Sprinkle the filling on the pancake and fold it into half.
  4. Cut into small pieces to serve.

2 comments:

Irene said...

mmmh.. yr kueh looked very 'white' but then d folded ones looks better..

Blessed Homemaker said...

The "white" part is the inside of the kueh :)