Here are 2 trays of baked doughnuts, fresh from the oven. I tossed them over mid-way through baking to get a better browning on the other side.
Melted some bitter chocolate and the kids chomped on these within seconds!
A few flavours to try out:
- Cinnamon Sugar
- White Chocolate
- Strawberry Chocolate
- Chocolate Chips
- Cream Cheese
- Blueberry Jam
Baked Doughnuts Recipe
1 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
1/4 - 1/3 cup (50g - 75g) sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tub (150 gm ) plain yogurt
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the egg, yogurt, oil and lemon juice, mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat the tube pans with nonstick cooking sprayand dust with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. (I omit this since I'm using a nonstick pan)
- Transfer batter into a piping bag and pipe into pan.
- Pipe the batter till half full so that you will see donut hole when baked. 3/4 full will not be able to see any donut hole when baked.
- Bake at 200°C for 10 - 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.