Friday, October 2, 2009

More Snow-Skin Mooncakes

Snow-Skin mooncakes, round 2! After my 1st attempt, I made this again yesterday. I didn't add any colourings to the white lotus paste fillings, just left it plain. For the green tea fillings, I added matcha powder to the balanced dough and got a nice green skin, much better than the first time :-)

I still prefer the white skin, looks so neat and clean.


Took out another set of my disney cutters, Chip N Dale, and made these for the kids. DD1 likes Dale, which is the one with a smaller nose and DS2 picked Chip.

This time round, I made it slightly bigger, please see notes below.

Snow-Skin Mooncakes
Yields 8 big pieces or 20 small pieces (I had 17 pieces)

Ingredients
(A)
95g Fried Glutinous Rice Flour/Gao Fen
120g Icing Sugar
*sifted together

(B)
155ml cold water

(C)
15g Shortening

(D)
400g lotus paste
Some melon seeds, toasted (optional)

Method
  1. Mix Ingredients A and Ingredients B to form dough.
  2. Rub in shortening till get a smooth dough.
  3. Sprinkle some fried glutinous rice flour on working table.
  4. Wrap lotus paste with dough, roll into a ball.
  5. Lightly flour the mould.
  6. Place mooncake in mould , flatten, dislodge the mooncake.
  7. Chill in fridge before serving.

Note

I used 20g skin + 25g filling for small mould and disney cutters.

2 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

your mooncake look really better than me, I just done today, but very ugly, taste ok. I will follow your recipe next time, Thanks for sharing.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Went to your blog but you have not updated. I'm hoping to do a better shaping next year. Must practise more!