Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

I like to stock up on muffins in my freezer for emergencies. Days when there are no more frozen bread and/or on rainy days where it's difficult to lug all 3 to grab a loaf of bread (yes, I still buy commercial breads).

Decide to use the same recipe here and here, but replaced with pumpkin puree instead.

Pumpkin has an unique taste so I added some chocolate chips on top to entice the children to eat these muffins :P


Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients
(A) Dry Mix
250g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
155g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt

(B) Wet Mix
250ml milk
125g corn oil
2 eggs

(C)
120g pumpkin puree

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare muffin tray.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
  3. In another bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk till smooth.
  4. Add mashed pumpkin puree to milk mixture.
  5. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir till just blended.
  6. Spoon onto prepared tin.
  7. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
  8. Baking for 15 - 20 mins or until cooked.
  9. Cool on rack.

9 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thanks for sharing, never add pumpkin in any of my baking, need to try out in one day.

Irene said...

how many muffins does all these yield?

Blessed Homemaker said...

Sonia, do let me know how this turn out for you if you bake it.

Irene, I had 10 muffins.

HS Kitchen And Hobby said...

1st time come to your blog. Just say "Hi" to you. Thanks for sharing such nice recipe.

Blessed Homemaker said...

HS, thanks for visiting my blog and dropping me a note :)

Esther said...

Hi,

Can you teach me how to freeze muffin? Before bake or after bake? TIA

Blessed Homemaker said...

Hi Esther, I freeze after baking.

Nina said...

Hi.....i love your blog....love all your recipes......just want to say hi....i have been following your blogs for a while now.....

Blessed Homemaker said...

Hi Nina,
Thanks for visiting my blog and dropping me a note :)