It should be relatively easy to make this as it's a no-bake recipe but I faced a problem with the crust. There were too much biscuit crumbs and not enough butter (I always have this problem when I make a no-baked cake). In the end, I had to scoop out some biscuit crumbs and add more butter. With that, the crust finally binded together.
Here's a pic showing how I alternate spooning the mixture in. One tbsp plain, one tbsp ribena mixture, and carry on till last spoonful of mixture.
I didn't meausre out the Ribena but simply poured into my 1 cup measuring cup and estimate. Obviously it's not enough as the contrast is not significant.
All packed up, ready to be given away :-)
If you want to make this, I'll suggest for Step 4, instead of dividing the mixture evenly, scoop out 3 tablespoon from the bowl intended to add Ribena cordial as after adding in the Ribena, the mixture is more than the plain mixture.
Ribena Marble Cheesecake
120g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
120g butter, melted
20g (2 tablespoons) gelatin powder
250g cream cheese, soften at room temperature
65g caster sugar
250ml (1 cup) natural plain yogurt
75ml Ribena blackcurrant juice cordial
- Line the sides of a 18-20cm round pan (with a removable base) with parchment paper or clear plastic sheet (I just use a clingwrap to wrap the base), set aside. To make the crust, combine crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter together in a mixing bowl. With the back of a spoon, press the biscuit crumbs onto the base of the prepared pan. Chill in the freezer compartment for at least 1 hour. (To ensure the crust is even, I used the base of a flat-bottom glass to press down the crumbs.)
- Filling: Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside to allow the gelatin grains to swell (10 mins) before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir with a spoon and once the gelatin melts, remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add in the gelatin solution and yogurt, beat till the mixture turns smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly into two bowls (about 1 cup each). Add 75ml of Ribena into one of the bowls and mix well with a spatula.
- Spoon the two mixtures in alternate blobs into the chilled crust. Level top and swirl with a knife through the mixture to create a marble effect. Refrigerate until set.