Saturday, October 3, 2009

Light Oat Bread

This is originally a breadmachine recipe. I've tried baking it a few times in the breadmachine but I always get a sunken top. After reducing the liquid, the top is flat, like a square-top but not domed. I tried baking in my oven instead and it's so much better so I stopped using my breadmachine to bake this.

I was trying to imitate those oat bread outside but looks like I still have a lot of room for improvement :P

My loaves of Light Oat Bread, simply delectable!

I added some raisins to this little bun.

Ingredients
320 ml water
40 g butter
1/2 tsp salt
500 g all-purpose flour
50 g rolled oats
40 g brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast

Method

  1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Let the machine knead for 15mins, stop the cycle and re-start the machine and let the dough knead for another cycle.
  2. Let it proof in machine for 35 - 40 mins or till double in size.
  3. When proofing is completed, punch down the bread dough to release the air.
  4. Divide dough into required portions and shape into balls. Let the dough rest for 15 mins.
  5. Shape accordingly and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
  6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C - 180C for 25 to 30mins.
  7. Remove bread to cool on rack completely.

1 comment:

Irene said...

ya, I too have d same problem 'collapes top' in both my attempt in d ABM.