I didn't have any self raising flour at home so I used plain flour and added baking powder and baking soda. Also, I reduced the sugar slightly and it's just right for my family. The cake is soft and fluffy but slightly messy to eat as the floss on the top layer kept falling off. I'll omit the top layer the next time I make this.
100g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
40g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
30g vegetable oil
50g pork floss
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and sift twice.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and cream of tartar until it turns thick and pale.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture.
- Fold in the milk and oil.
- Pour half the batter into a 8-in round tin lined with baking sheet.
- Sprinkle half of the pork floss on the batter.
- Pour another half of the batter into the tin and sprinkle the remaining pork floss on the surface.
- Steam for 15 - 20 minutes.