I'm in a love-hate relationship with preserved sour plums. I love it because it's very refreshing and soothing on the throat but hate it for the sourness. I can't stomach eating it on it's own so I usually add boiling water to it and drink it chilled with some lime juice (optional). Besides drinking it, you can make it into jelly too. You can either use agar agar powder or konnyaku jelly powder, but I personally prefer the texture of konnyaku jelly :-)
These are the preserved sour plums I used.
This is a very refreshing dessert, I just can't stop eating it :P
Preserved Sour Plum Konnyaku Jelly
6 - 8 preserved sour plums
1 packet Konnyaku Jelly Powder (10g)
- Bring 250ml water to boil. Remove from heat and add in preserved sour plums, let it stand for at least 1 hour.
- Remove seeds and blend the sour plum with the water it was soaked in.
- In a small bowl, mix konnyaku powder and sugar together.
- In a medium pot, bring 800ml water to boil. Pour the konnyaku mixture into water gradually and stir till sugar dissolved.
- Add in sour plum mixture and stir well.
- Pour the Konnyaku solution into the moulds.
- Leave to cool and chill in fridge before serving.