Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Carbonara


Another simple dinner when Mom gets lazy. I'll love to pack or order in dinner last night but I'm so constrained by the 3 children at home, I just have to whip up something simple.

This recipe is just right for my family of 2A + 2C + 1 toddler stealing a few mouthful away. Don't ask me where I got this recipe from, I can't remember.



Carbonara
Ingredients
260g pasta (I use Penne)
Some Olive Oil/Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 - 8 slices bacon, cut into strips
6 -7 cloves garlic, chopped
2 egg yolks
60ml milk
40g cheese (I use parmesan, cheddar or mozzie, depending on what's available in the freezer)
Some black pepper

Method

  1. Cook pasta in boiling water till al dente.
  2. Combine egg yolks, milk, cheese and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
  3. In a large saucepan, put a little oil to fry the garlic and bacon.
  4. Add the pasta to the bacon in the saucepan, and give it a stir. Lower the heat and add in the cheese mixture. Stir until the pasta is well coated with the cheese mixture.

No comments: