I didn't realise I've not been blogging for the past 1 week... Have I been busy? Looking back, I didn't bake much, so why ain't I blogging? Instead of staying "glued" to my lappy, I had spent some good quality time with DD1. I've been neglecting her ever since the arrival of DD3. She just started Primary 1 this year but I've left her alone to do her homework and her own revision.
I basically don't have much time to supervise DD1 as DD3 is on total breastfeeding and is a light sleeper, most of my time are spent taking care of DD3. So how do I find time to bake? My bakes are using done during my meals preparation or while the kids are having their meals. Yes, I multi-task. While cooking, I may be whipping up something somewhere in the kitchen, making the best out of my time. I always plan my schedule ahead, so that I can maximise time, effort and energy.
Ever since I went back to my parents to help out during the school holidays, I've not been baking any bread. I was flipping through my recipes and decided on the Yogurt Bread since I've got a big tub sitting in the fridge, calling out to me to utilise it ;-)
Again, I doubled the recipe and yields 8 small buns (50g each) and 4 small loaves (125g each).
I baked this on Wednesday and it's still soft even when we had it for breakfast today :-)
500g bread flour
1 1/2 tsp yeast
200g plain yogurt
120g fresh milk
- Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) to form a dough. Add in (C) and knead until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Gather dough to form a ball and cover dough with cling wrap and let it rest for abt 50-60 mins or double in size.
- Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
- Egg wash the top of the buns and bake in preheated oven at 170-180C for 20 minutes or till the top turns golden brown.
- Remove bread to cool on rack completely.