Monday, July 13, 2009

Cream Cheese Chiffon Cupcakes

There is still 1/2 pack of cream cheese sitting in my fridge. I decided to make cream cheese chiffon since my first attempt wasn't too successful.


Instead of baking in my regular 8" round, I baked them in cuppies.


They rose nicely in the oven but when cooked, they deflated slightly because I didn't and couldn't turn them upside down to cool. Nevertheless, they still taste yummy! ^-^

Cream Cheese Chiffon
Ingredients
(A)
60g milk
40g cream cheese
25g butter

(B)
65g Cake/Top flour (sifted)

(C)
4 large egg yolks

(D)
4 large egg whites
70g sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice

Method
  1. Preheat oven 180˚C.
  2. Cook (A) over double-boiler until well blended and thickens. Remove from double-boiler and let it cool down.
  3. Add (C) into cooled down cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
  4. Fold in (B) and mix until smooth.
  5. Beat egg whites until frothy, add lemon juice and beat till soft peaks. Add sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
  6. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into cheese mixture with a rubber spatula until just blended.
  7. Pour cheese mixture (step 6) into the rest of egg whites, fold it gently with rubber spatula until blended.
  8. Spoon the batter into cupcake casings and bake for 35 - 40 minutes or till cooked.
  9. Cool on rack.

4 comments:

NEL, the batter baker said...

These look great!
You managed to bake these without placing the cuppies in a tray? The batter didn't spread the cuppies flat? How did you do it?

Blessed Homemaker said...

NEL,
No, I put the paper casing into the muffin pan to support the batter. These pictures were taken after bake.

Casey said...

Hi! I just started to learn baking, thanks for the great recipe, I will try it out.
Please drop by my blog when free.

Casey said...

Looks yummy! I will try it out one day! Thanks for the recipe!