Instead of baking in my regular 8" round, I baked them in cuppies.
They rose nicely in the oven but when cooked, they deflated slightly because I didn't and couldn't turn them upside down to cool. Nevertheless, they still taste yummy! ^-^
Cream Cheese Chiffon
40g cream cheese
65g Cake/Top flour (sifted)
4 large egg yolks
4 large egg whites
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven 180˚C.
- Cook (A) over double-boiler until well blended and thickens. Remove from double-boiler and let it cool down.
- Add (C) into cooled down cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in (B) and mix until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, add lemon juice and beat till soft peaks. Add sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into cheese mixture with a rubber spatula until just blended.
- Pour cheese mixture (step 6) into the rest of egg whites, fold it gently with rubber spatula until blended.
- Spoon the batter into cupcake casings and bake for 35 - 40 minutes or till cooked.
- Cool on rack.