Saturday, July 25, 2009

Roasted Whole Chicken and Vegetables

Yesterday, I was at the supermarket and saw this frozen bird in the freezer, it weighs only 1kg. I got really excited and grabbed a pack without hesitation as I've always wanted to roast a whole chicken but never get a chance to do. The chickens here weighs easily 2kg and above, this is definitely too much for my family.

I'm not a person with many spices at home. The common condiments are salt, pepper, ketchup, soy sauce. And the only herbs I have is thyme though I'll very much prefer rosemary in a chicken. Oh well.. I just seasoned the chicken with salt and stuffed some garlic into the cavity.

I roasted some hard vegetables to go along, potatoes, carrot, sweet potatoes and a few cloves of garlic. Drizzled some olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, give it a stir and bake together with the chicken (in a separate pan).

Thawed my frozen blueberry and cranberry bread, put them into the toaster oven to crisp it up and served with melted butter. The kids love their dinner tonight minus the roasted carrot. DH likes the chicken too but he felt that there's not enough staple food. Alright, will remember to cook some rice next time.

1 comment:

Shopaholic2802 said...

U can try to stuff the chicken with lemon and onions to roast....I agree it would taste much better with Basil or Rosemary...or you could have even glazed it with honey ... : )