Since there is 1/2 jar of lemon curd sitting in my fridge, I want to quickly finish them up before "expiry". I found this recipe shared by Jasmin in Kitchen Capers and many forumers have tried and given good reviews. Zu baked this with some modifications and I decide to try out her recipe instead.
I didn't space them out enough and most of the cookies got stucked together :P Also, I didn't get a good height even though I've chilled the dough before shaping. Despite looking ugly, they taste heavenly!
I did half the recipe and omit vanilla essence.
Swedish Thumbprint Cookie (Rosenmunnar)
227g butter, softened (original 225g)
100g icing sugar (original uses castor sugar)
250g plain flour, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (original doesn't use this)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add sifted flour and vanilla essence, and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1/2 inch diameter balls and place on a lined cookie sheets.
- Imprint your thumb in the center to make an indentation.
- Fill with your favorite jam or preserves.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
- Remove to cool on wire rack
This looks interesting enough but too bad I didnt have a mixer..
Wait till you come back to Sgp, you really should try this one day. Simple yet delicious.
Post a Comment