Honestly speaking, I've never been a fan of pound/butter cakes. I find them dense and dry, I'll very much prefer a chiffon or sponge cake. Gina shared this recipe in Kitchen Capers and many members tried and gave thumbs up to this recipe. I decided to give it a try and I must say this cake is unlike any pound/butter cakes that's heavy and dense. And the yogurt and cranberries combination is truly awesome!
I was rushing through this bake as I needed the oven for my Yogurt Bread, thus that explains why the top ain't brown nicely. I think it'll be better if I had let it bake for another 5 more mins. Nevertheless, it still taste yummy!
Cranberry Yogurt Cake
200ml plain white yogurt
100g dried cranberries
200g castor sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and cranberries together and let it stand for 30 mins (room temperature
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time to mix.
- Add vanilla essence to mix.
- Stir in cranberry yogurt mixture with a spoon/spatula till evenly mixed.
- Fold in sifted flour/baking powder till well blended.
- Spoon batter onto prepared tin.
- Baked in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins till golden brown.
- Served warm.
If you are baking this in a loaf pan, you will need to adjust your baking time accordingly.