Shaping bread is not an easy task, especially if you have added dried fruits/fillings in them. I've been lucky to get some really nice buns but while the bread dough was in 2nd proof, some dough gets torn apart. Nevertheless, they still taste delicious.
Brioche with Raisins
2 beaten eggs
125ml plain yogurt
300 - 320ml milk
2 teaspoons yeast dry
4 tsp butter (optional)
Raisins, as desire
- Place the dry ingredients into a big bowl and mix well.
- Add in the wet ingredients to form a dough.
- Knead dough until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Place it in a large greased bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth or cling-wrap and leave it to proof in a warm place till double in size (about 1-1.5 hrs).
- When proofing is completed, punch down the bread dough to release the air.
- Shape into balls and leave it to rest for abt 10 mins. Roll out dough and wrap with raisins.Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size (about 1 hr).
- Brush the top with a little magarine and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 15-20 minutes. If the top has browned, you can cover the top with an aluminium foil to continue baking.
- Remove bread from loaf pan to cool completely.