Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Earl Grey Tea Muffins

I'm still struggling with blogger...  For every recipe posted, I will create a shortcut under individual category so it's easier for viewers to search for recipes but after upgrading to the latest version, I'm unable to do so, kept getting "Error Page".  I'm an IT IDIOT but that does not deter me from blogging.  I hope I can find a solution to it fast.

I was trying to finish up my earl grey tea bags so I made some muffins.  Instead of using raisins, I replaced them with currants.  Also, I reduced the sugar slightly but it was still a bit too sweet.  Nevertheless, it tasted great! 


Earl Grey Tea Muffins
Makes 12
Ingredients
450ml boiling water
2 Earl Grey tea bags
120g currants
2 eggs
110g butter, melted
375g all-purpose flour
2 tbsp double action baking powder
Pinch of salt
170g castor sugar

Method
  1. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags; infuse for 10 minutes. Strain tea onto currants and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
  2. Strain the tea into a measuring jug and make up to 300ml with additional water, if necessary.
  3. Preheat oven at 200 degC. Line muffin tray with paper cups.
  4. Sift flours, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add sugar into the flour mixture. Use a whisk to lightly blend the mixture.
  5. In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, tea and melted butter.
  6. Make a well in the middle of dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix just until all the flour is moistened. Fold currants into batter. The batter should look lumpy. Do not overmix.
  7. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups. Reduce temperature to 180degC and bake muffins for 25-30 minutes or until well risen.
  8. Transfer to wire racks to let cool.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi blessed homemaker,

Your muffin cups look so pretty, can share where you bought them? I have been collecting muffin cups.. Tks

cupcake

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This is something new to me, adding tea to muffin, I gonna to try this out one day. Thanks for sharing.

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

Ur earl grey muffins look very good, I feel like having one.

I also ever had the problem u mentioned before. You try to enter the URL of ur blog entry, then hit ENTER key (instead of enter the title and click on Save), then click on Edit to edit the title, after that click Save will do.

Hope this helps.

DG said...

Hi Blessed Homemaker,

You change your blog page and I almost thought I go to the wrong blog. Hahahaha ....

Blessed Homemaker said...

cupcake,
I bought it from Star Net.

Sonia,
Do give this a try if you like earl grey tea. But I must say the taste is quite subtle and it's good for afternoon tea :)

Cook.Bake.Love,
Thanks for your advice. Interestly, when I login today, everything seems to work fine now.

DG,
I wasn't able to add shortcuts so I thought maybe my current layout does not support changes so went to change it :P

CAL said...

I made these with dried blueberries and they were lovely! The temp of 200c was too hot and 1 muffin was slightly burnt. But other than that, I really liked it! Thanks for the recipe.

CAL said...

I made these today and they were really very lovely. I used dried blueberries instead. Thanks for the recipe!

Blessed Homemaker said...

Cal,
I'm sorry to hear one of your muffin got burnt. I suspect your oven heat is not evenly distributed, thus only 1 muffin was burnt. Anyway, glad to know that you like them.