I omit pure vanilla extract since I don't have them and I do not wish to use imitation/artificial flavoured ones. Also, I added in some dried currants for flavour and I must say these cookies are pretty good.
12oml oil (I used sunflower oil)
1 large egg
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
1 1/2 cup cornflakes
- Mix (A) in a bowl. Add in (B). Mix well with a spatula. Some cornflakes will crush when mixing.
- Use a small cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at preheated 180C oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in air-tight container.
- Yield about 40 with my small cookie scoop.
- You should bake the cookie dough inside the paper case so that the dough will expand to fit the paper cup while baking.
One of my fave CNY treats!! Wah ... You're so early for CNY ... hahahaha ...!
Thanks for sharing, shall keep this for CNY cookie.
Looks great and glad you liked it. :)
Oh that's interesting. No butter and no sugar. I ll try it out soon. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe , my kids love them too ! Have a happy and joyous Christmas
I love simple recipe and this one just comes at the right time (for a lazy mom like me, LOL!). Your cookies look great! Will give it a try soon. ;)
mmm.. I love cornflake cookies. I would never miss it during chinese new year!
Ur cornflakes cookies look very good. I have a rolled oats cookies recipe which is very similar to this, next time u may try to replace cornflakes with rolled oats I am sure it will be nice too. :-)
Post a Comment