Steam Cod with Red Dates and Wolfberries
2 pcs Cod Fish Fillet/Steak (approx. 400g)
Some ginger, sliced
A handful of wolfberries, washed
8 - 12 pitted red dates, washed and cut into halves
1.5 tsp soya sauce
2 tbsp water
* mix together
- Steam red dates for 10 mins, set aside for further use.
- Rinse cod fillet/steak and place on plate.
- Mix all seasonings in a small bowl and spoon over cod fillet/steak.
- Arrange ginger, pre-steamed red dates and wolfberries on top of fish.
- Put into steamer and steam for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I like the dense texture of cod fish. This mild flavor cod is a good pairing to Chinese herbs. In my many lazy day, I just simple opt for Steamed Herbal Seabass (Ikan Siakap), simple yet nourishing.
my favourite fish! with wolfberries! I must try this..
I dun really dare to eat steamed cod but I like it pan fried. Having said that, I like the look of this version with red dates and wolfberries :)
Thanks for dropping by at my blog and leaving a note, if not for your note, I won't come to know of your fab blog.
I hope you will like it.
We just had teriyaki cod for lunch today ;-)
One of my favourite fish,yummy!
This must be wonderfully and naturally sweet and fragrant fish dish , delicious and nutritious.
Post a Comment