Thursday, December 3, 2009

Steam Cod Fish with Red Dates and Wolfberries

I try to make it a point to serve fish on a daily basis and since I bought 2 packets of frozen cod fish from our local supermarket, I have to think of different ways to cook them.


Steam Cod with Red Dates and Wolfberries
Ingredients
2 pcs Cod Fish Fillet/Steak (approx. 400g)
Some ginger, sliced
A handful of wolfberries, washed
8 - 12 pitted red dates, washed and cut into halves

Seasonings
1.5 tsp soya sauce
2 tbsp water
* mix together

Method

  1. Steam red dates for 10 mins, set aside for further use.
  2. Rinse cod fillet/steak and place on plate.
  3. Mix all seasonings in a small bowl and spoon over cod fillet/steak.
  4. Arrange ginger, pre-steamed red dates and wolfberries on top of fish.
  5. Put into steamer and steam for about 10 - 15 minutes.
  6. Serve warm.

6 comments:

Gladys Kock said...

I like the dense texture of cod fish. This mild flavor cod is a good pairing to Chinese herbs. In my many lazy day, I just simple opt for Steamed Herbal Seabass (Ikan Siakap), simple yet nourishing.

tracieMoo said...

my favourite fish! with wolfberries! I must try this..

Noob Cook said...

I dun really dare to eat steamed cod but I like it pan fried. Having said that, I like the look of this version with red dates and wolfberries :)

Blessed Homemaker said...

Gladys,
Thanks for dropping by at my blog and leaving a note, if not for your note, I won't come to know of your fab blog.

tracieMoo,
I hope you will like it.

noobcook,
We just had teriyaki cod for lunch today ;-)

cherry potato said...

One of my favourite fish,yummy!

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

This must be wonderfully and naturally sweet and fragrant fish dish , delicious and nutritious.