Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pizza II

What are your expectations when you visit a food blog? For me, it will be pictures and recipes (no beautiful language needed for I don't speak good English myself :P). It'll be a bonus if there are step-by-step pictures. Pictures speak a thousand words and many-a-times, I'm inspired by all those wonderful pictures. If you are my regular reader, you will also know that I don't bother much with presentation. I couldn't be bothered with nice utensils or decorations to go along with the food/bakes. I know I don't cook/bake well, I'm also a lousy photographer but I'm trying my best to present my humble food/bakes in their best form.

Kids asked for pizza again and this was what I did. I realised I've been lagging in updating my blog again so I won't go into much details, will just let the pictures do the "talking".

Fresh button mushroom with sausage and cheese.


Nice long gluey cheese :-)

DD1 and DS2's all time favourite, Hawaiian pizza.

Honestly speaking, I just cannot understand what is the attraction about Hawaiian pizza, it is basically just ham and pineapple. Maybe the beauty lies in these 2 ingredients? Oh well.. I'm not a fan but I never fail to make this when we had home-made pizza as my kids love this.

This was originally a basic pizza base but we don't like thick crust, thus I reduced the recipe by half and rolled them really thin. The base was still slightly soft but the sides were crispy, nothing like the thin crust pizza I've made earlier. This recipe is good if you prefer thick crust.

Pizza Base
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
100 - 120ml warm water
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp yeast


Method
  1. Put all ingredients in breadmachine. Knead using dough cycle. If the mixture is too dry, add 1 tbsp of water at a time to form dough.
  2. After the kneading cycle is completed, let it proof in machine for 30 - 45 mins or till double in size.
  3. Punch down dough and divide into 2 equal portions.
  4. Roll out each portion to a round, about 12" in size. Place dough on baking tray lined with parchment paper or on a well greased pan.
  5. Dock with a fork all around the crust.
  6. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 8 - 10 mins. Set aside till further use.
  7. Spread tomato paste over the dough and covering near end of edge (about 1 cm away). Add your favourite toppings and cheese.
  8. Baked pizza in pre-heated oven at 200C for 10 - 12 mins or until the crust has turned golden brown and when the cheese has melted.
  9. Serve and enjoy!

7 comments:

Pei-Lin said...

Dear Blessed Homemaker,

Please don't beat yourself up like this OK? Oftentimes, simplicity is the best and the most beautiful ... And, you speak very good English lah ... (I'm Malaysian ...) All your bakes & dishes are very good, too!! That's why I'm following yours. =)

Yea ... I just made pizza, too ... But, the topping was put together by random ... Thinking of guess what--Hawaiian pizza for next week LOL!! Don't know why, my siblings & I have been a sucker for this flavor since young ... Oh well ...

Yes, you've once again reminded me to put more cheese on top of pizza the next round ... I was short on cheese when I made them last Sunday!! LOL ...

Pei-Lin

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

These pizza looks really droolicious ! So your kids always give " orders " to you huh ?? hehehe..... My daughter learnt to make pizza dough from scratch from her school's home economic lesson and they tasted good and fragrant.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand the attraction of Hawaiian pizza either! But yours look really good :) Your lil ones must be so lucky to have a talented mummy who can deliver restaurant-quality pizza right at their doorstep!

Evy said...

"Pictures speak a thousand words " . Yes 100% agree with you. Your pizza looks so yummy. It is lovely. :-)

Kitchen Corner said...

Very cheesy pizza. I love pizza with plenty of cheese on top. It looks really delicious!

Happy Homebaker said...

I like homemade pizza! For the time being I can only make do with ready-made frozen ones as I am away from home. It is also a must for us to make that boring 'ham and pineapple' pizza every time. Like you I just don't understand why my kids love it?? The only clue I have is that they can help themselves with the ingredients when they were piling the pizza dough with ham and pineapples ;)

Blessed Homemaker said...

Pei-Lin,
Thanks for your kind words. I'm surrounded with lots of pple who can bake and cook very much better than I do, that's why I say I'm a lousy "cook/baker". For them, they can easily churn out nice food, without any recipes. These pple are the REAL chefs! I'll be checking out your blog for more updates on your pizza ;-)

Pearlyn,
Yes, they will always "remind" me what I've not cooked/baked for a long time. And I appreciate that cos I always run out of ideas and if I do try a new recipe, I aint sure if they will like it. I'm sure your daughter's pizza taste great as it's made with love too :)

ovenhaven,
Thanks! It's 3 votes against 1 for Hawaiian pizza and the only time I don't make it is when I don't stock up on pineapples!

Evy,
Thanks for your kind words!

Grace,
We love ours with loads of cheese too :)

HHB,
Enjoy your holidays and thanks for dropping by even when you are away :) My kids have no chance to nibble on the ingredients when they helped out but it's after the preparation, I'll leave them some as "reward" for helping out.