I was plain lazy and filled the batter almost to the brim. While the cuppies were baking in the oven, they overflowed and some corners even dropped off. This recipe should yield 12 cuppies but I only had 10. Laziness is definitely not the way to baking.
Nutella Frosted Cupcakes
140g butter, softened
100g white sugar
200g sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth.
- Stir in sifted flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter. Top each cake with 1 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.