Friday, December 18, 2009

Nutella Frosted Cupcakes


Today I baked some cupcakes for my kids.  According to the 2 elder ones, the cupcakes tasted alright (probably because I omit vanilla) but the top is yummy!  The top is crusty and they like it that way.  The cupcakes are soft and fluffy but slightly bland, probably also because I've reduced the sugar from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup.  Then again, sweetness is just right for us.  I definitely need to make an extra effort to source for pure vanilla extract.


I was plain lazy and filled the batter almost to the brim.  While the cuppies were baking in the oven, they overflowed and some corners even dropped off.  This recipe should yield 12 cuppies but I only had 10.  Laziness is definitely not the way to baking.


I thought I've stirred in the nutella well but it's only limited to the surface :-(

Nutella Frosted Cupcakes
Makes 12

Ingredients
140g butter, softened
100g white sugar
3 eggs
200g sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Some nutella


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180C.
  2. Cream together butter and sugar until light.
  3. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth.
  4. Stir in sifted flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
  5. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter. Top each cake with 1 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.
  6. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
  7. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

6 comments:

Irene said...

would love to try this out to finish my bal ingredients but too bad it requires creamy ;<

Anonymous said...

Looks Great! Have just bought a bottle of Nutellla. Will try this either this weekend or nxt week. Oops ...aiyo also want to make the Ginger Breadman cookie leh.....uhmmm....see can get all the ingredients tmr and decide which one to bake. :)
Thanks! fm MH

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This is good, I will try it out soon. Thanks for sharing.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Irene,
I didn't use the mixer, I just use arm power so you can give it a try too.

MH,
How about making both? ;-)

Sonia,
I hope your family will like this.

Anonymous said...

Taste really GREAT even though I use plain flour i.s.o.all purpose flour. :) Though we ate it the next day with the top layer no longer crispy but it still taste GREAT! Will be great if which day I wake up early to bake it and let my boys eat it fresh fm oven....?? Yummy!!I Thanks! MH

Blessed Homemaker said...

MH,
Glad you like this recipe. You can bake these and freeze them. When you want to eat them, thaw to room temperature and MW on high for a few secs.