I'm not a brownie lover, especially when we're talking about dense and dry brownies. But when I saw this in Edith's blog, I knew I must try it as it is steamed! Yes, you've heard me alright, steamed.
This is a very simple recipe, no fuss at all.
It doesn't taste very much like the regular store bought brownie, the texture and taste are entirely different.
Please pardon the pictures as I used natural lightings but it was a scorching hot day and the rays were too strong. I should have adjusted the brightness level but I was plain lazy.
Source: Magic Steamed Cake
Recipe seen here
170g castor sugar
3 eggs (large)
20g cocoa powder
170g plain flour
1 1/4 tsp double action baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
120g chopped walnut
- Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler till chocolate melted. Set aside.
- Whisk egg with sugar till sugar dissolved. Add in cooled chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Sieve C and then it to the chocolate/egg mixture.
- Add the walnuts.
- Pour into a 8" X 8" square pan (or 22 X 20cm).
- Steam on high for 30 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Coat with ganache (I omit as I was lazy again)