Bread is a staple food in my family and I'm falling in love with homemade bread. Decide to try out a new recipe but instead of surfing the net, I took out my breadmachine's recipe book and tried this Sweet Bread recipe.
The bread is slightly yellow as it uses 2 eggs. For me, I prefer a whiter bread :P
I used the 900g recipe and yields 4 small loaves and 4 buns.
My kids love this bread because it's sweet. Not very sweet if you were to ask me but generally sweeter than normal white loaf.
Sweet Bread Recipe
Sweet Bread Recipe
(adapted from Bluesky Breadmachine Recipe)
2 tbsp butter/margarine
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp sugar
520g bread flour
1 1/4 tsp yeast
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients (except butter) and knead into dough. Add butter and knead till smooth and elastic.
- Gather dough to form a ball and cover dough with cling wrap and let it rest for abt 60 - 90 mins or double in size.
- Punch the dough to release some air, knead a few times, cover with cling wrap and proof for 2nd time till double in size.
- Divide the dough into small balls, roll smooth, cover and let them relax for 20 mins.
- Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 60 - 90 mins or until dough is double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, brush the egg wash on top, bake for 20 - 25 mins.
What a coincident, I am also using Bluesky bread machine.
The shape of ur bread is so lovely, it looks like a mushroom. May I know how did u shape the dough?
I just shape into 4 small buns and placed them into a small round pan to proof. HTHs
Hi Breadhomemaker, thank you for the recipe, like the look of this bread looks soft and defo yummy. I just need some advice on a bread machine, which one do you use?? Is it good to have one?? not sure if I should buy it or if I buy one, which one would be a good quality bread maker.
Thank you, BTW I'm the fan on your pages.
Hi Mei Mei,
Thanks for dropping by and hope to see more comments from you :)
I'm using Bluesky, a housebrand by Carrefour.
I'll very much prefer to hand knead (very therapeutic for me) but given my situation, the breadmachine works best for me now.
Post a Comment