Water Chestnut Soup
500g pork ribs
2 - 2.5 litres water
10 - 12 water chestnuts (马蹄)
8 - 10 red dates (红枣)
1 big or 2 medium carrots
Salt to taste (optional)
- Brush water chestnuts to remove all soil. Remove the skin/shell by cutting off the top and bottom, then cut around the sides to remove all the skin. Soak in a bowl of water and set aside.
- Remove skin of carrots and cut into smaller pieces.
- Rinse red dates and soak in water for 5 - 10 mins or till soft.
- Blanch ribs/lean meat.
- Bring water to boil and add all ingredients in a pot. Using medium fire, bring water to boil again and cook for 10 - 15 minutes, reduce to small flame and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add salt to taste (optional) before serve.
nice post good recipe
Ooooh...I love this type of soup....refreshing and nutritious. I'm happy enough just having this and rice. Thanks for sharing.
Haha, I just wanted to say water chestnuts would make the soup sweet. This soup looks yummy, I'm sure your kids enjoyed it ^^
Yup, Water chestnuts make everything taste better.
Yes, this is really good for cough. Can have this anytime.
love the idea of using water chestnut for "soup" instead of "drink". this looks nourishing and cooling at the same time, perfect for our weather :)
This is very interesting. I've never had a soup like this and plan to give it a try - even with no cough :-). Your blog is very interesting. I really like to visit here. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary
Yum this looks great. What a great idea! It's almost exactly like watercress soup but with water chestnut instead of watercress =)
haha! am happy yr kids liked it! Hayden enjoyed it too!
Post a Comment