Instead of baking in my regular 8" round, I baked them in cuppies.
They rose nicely in the oven but when cooked, they deflated slightly because I didn't and couldn't turn them upside down to cool. Nevertheless, they still taste yummy! ^-^
Cream Cheese Chiffon
40g cream cheese
65g Cake/Top flour (sifted)
4 large egg yolks
4 large egg whites
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven 180˚C.
- Cook (A) over double-boiler until well blended and thickens. Remove from double-boiler and let it cool down.
- Add (C) into cooled down cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in (B) and mix until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, add lemon juice and beat till soft peaks. Add sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into cheese mixture with a rubber spatula until just blended.
- Pour cheese mixture (step 6) into the rest of egg whites, fold it gently with rubber spatula until blended.
- Spoon the batter into cupcake casings and bake for 35 - 40 minutes or till cooked.
- Cool on rack.
These look great!
You managed to bake these without placing the cuppies in a tray? The batter didn't spread the cuppies flat? How did you do it?
No, I put the paper casing into the muffin pan to support the batter. These pictures were taken after bake.
Hi! I just started to learn baking, thanks for the great recipe, I will try it out.
Please drop by my blog when free.
Looks yummy! I will try it out one day! Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment