I've never thought of adding cookies into a bread recipe but when I saw this recipe in Irene's blog, I went to buy a pack of Oreo cookies just to bake this.
Oreo Cookie Bread
(adapted from myrecipe.org)
500g bread flour
340g fresh milk
110g oreo cookies (crushed)
- Add fresh milk into your bread machine.
- Add the crushed oreo cookies into your bread machine.
- Add the remainings ingredients into your bread machine and set to Dough function.Let the machine knead for 15mins, stop the cycle and re-start the machine and let the dough knead for another cycle.
- Let it proof in machine for 1 hour or till double in size.
- When proofing is completed, punch down the bread dough to release the air.
- Divide dough into 5 equal portions and shape into balls. Let the dough rest for 15 mins.
- Roll out each portion into a long flat oval shape, then roll up lengthwise, swiss roll style. Pinch to seal all sides.
- Place dough (seam side down) in lightly greased bread tin/pan. Proof for another 1 hour or until dough is double in size.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 20 to 25mins.
- Remove bread to cool on rack completely.
- Slice and enjoy.