logcake. It was originally a chocolate swiss roll recipe but I just omit cocoa powder and substituted with flour to get a basic swiss roll. Also I didn't follow to bake at a lower temperature for a longer time. The end result was satisfactory despite not following instructions ^-^
4 Egg Yolks
40g Corn Oil
100g Cake Flour
4 Egg White
40g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- In a bowl, using hand whisk, whisk yolks, oil, water and sifted cake flour until well blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat till the whites are frothy. Add in lemon juice and beat till soft peaks.
- Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture using a rubber spatula till incorporated.
- Pour the mixture to the remaining egg whites and fold in gently till incorporated.
- Pour batter into 11" X 14" and bake at pre-heated oven of 200C for about 10 - 12 mins.
- When the cake is cooked, leave to cool completely.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream/butter cream/jam onto the sponge cake. Roll it up and chill in fridge before serving.
it looks delicious! you've mastered swiss roll making! :)
This looks good enough for me!! It was a very white X'mas indeed! LOL!
I know ... It ain't easy being a private chef/baker, huh? So hard to meet everyone's requirement ... Sigh ...
Looks good enough for me!
I wish I've mastered it but not yet.. my skin still stucked onto the parchment paper :(
You are right, it's never easy to please everyone. I'm always in a dilemma if I should cook/bake the same food again if ONE person in the family doesn't like it.
Post a Comment