Matcha Milk Agar Agar
1 packet (12g) agar agar powder
180g caster sugar
200ml evaporated milk
1 tbsp matcha/green tea powder
- Dissolve one packet of agar agar powder in 1 litre of water.
- Add 180g of sugar, stir and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add matcha and stir till all sugar has melted.
- Sieve mixture and let it cool down slightly.
- Add in evaporated milk and sieve again.
- Pour mixture into moulds/tray. Chill well before serving.
it looks so nice and wobbly~ could I replace evaporated milk with normal low fat milk?
This agar agar must be very refresing !!
A very refreshing and simple dessert!! I think it's a popular dessert from the Canton area, especially HK. Perhaps, you got the inspiration from some HK blogger?
Keep it up!
I think it shouldn't be a problem but the agar agar prob won't be as "fragrant".
Yes, it's great for a HOT HOT day!
Is it? I only know how to associate matcha with Japanese :P
I tried these and they were great! reduced the sugar by 50g and everyone still loved it (:
I'm glad you like this. The agar agar was slightly too sweet for us too, I'll have to adjust the sweetness next time.
Perhaps you saw this here? hehehe http://preciousmoments66.blogspot.com/2006/04/i-am-happy.html
Yours turned out so nice.
Edith, I think you are right, it's probably from your blog. Too many bloggers, too many recipes and age is catching up, can't remember :P
Post a Comment