I cooked this after reading Mary's entry but didn't have time to post it as my backlogs are piling up :P
I love fried rice as very basic ingredients are used. Here we have, 2 cups of cooked rice.
Shredded crabstick and anchovies, both microwaved till crispy.
Long beans with frozen vegetables (peas, carrots and corns).
Adding in all the ingredients after frying the rice with soy sauce and pepper.
PS: I didn't follow the recipe to a T but merely used it as a guide.
Ingredients4 pieces of crab sticks, shredded
1/2 cup anchovies
150g green beans (finely cut)
5 - 6 cloves garlic, chopped
some cooking/vegetable oil
1 TBSP light soya sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked rice
- Shred the crabsticks, cut into halves and fry until crispy. Set aside. Wash the anchovies, pat dry with kitchen towel and fry until crispy, too and set aside (I used the microwave to cook them till crispy, see here and here).
- Heat up some oil and add 1/2 portion garlic, cook till fragrant. Add green beans and stir fry until cooked. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat up some oil and add balance garlic. Add in the rice and fry until fragrant. The best is to fry it with high heat where you will hear the hissing sound. Add light soya sauce and pepper to taste. Stir well and finally add in the fried crabsticks, anchovies and green beans. Mix well and dish up. Serve hot.
Your fried rice looks so good! Every bits of rice season well, can feel the fragrant from my laptop!! :P
Hmmm.... Ikan bilis in fried rice. Got to try it next time. I simply love fried rice. It's such a flexible dish to cook and it can be a balanced meal.
I love fried rice , fast to cook , good to eat
Fried rice is always a great, quick dish to eat and then say,'You're satisfied!'. Thanks for the recipe.
1. Long beans and not green beans
2. Kangkung and not mixed vege
3. Chicken instead of crab stick
4. Bird's eye chilli!!!!Important!!
5. Ground onion with garlic instead of only garlic, makes alot of difference
I'm being so nasty here. :) But just to let you know how far you have swerved :)
It's like playing telephone or pass the message. It gets mutated as it gets passed on. Hahahaha!!!
Good attempt though!
Busygran, I usu add anchovies on top instead of frying them together.
Pearlyn, that sounds like a commercial tagline ;-)
Keats The Sunshine Girl, you are welcome :)
Wendy, I've not tried the authentic Malaysian fried rice but I'll try your version one day. Going to minus out the most impt ingredient ie bird's eye chilli as they are too spicy for kids.
Oh Pearlyn's back!!!
Yeah, try it next time in JB. But only at Malay shops. Those that do thai style stir fry will do a good job on this. There are 2 shops in Larkin (behind police station area) that I find to be delicious and another one in "I forgot the place", but next to the famous nasi lemak next beside the strait of Johor.
The name of this dish is Nasi Goreng Kampung.
Wendy, I don't visit Malaysia often :P Will have to try this in my little kitchen ;-)
I love fried rice, but I can't cook it tasty by myself...
Using microwave for drying anchovy is new idea for my! This will help me to cook in the future:) Thanks!
Funnyapple, you should try frying rice one day, it's so simple you will fall in love with the simplicity ;-)
BTW, you've got a great blog with lovely breads. Unfortunately I don't read Japanese and can't leave you any comments.
Thank you for your kind comment to my blog:) As you pointed out, my blog is in only Japanese. Now I've considered to start another blog of food in English, and then I can communicate with people in the world! But...nothing started yet.
I will try to cook fried rice;)
funnyapple, do let me know when you start your English blog :)
Post a Comment