Pandan Chiffon Cake
Adapted from Baking Mum (recipe taken from Prima's website)
4 Egg Yolks
40 g Castor Sugar
1 tbsp Pandan Juice
100 ml Coconut Milk
50 ml Corn Oil
Pinch of salt
100 g PrimaFlour Top Flour (I used plain flour)
1 tsp Baking Powder
5 Egg Whites
40 g Castor Sugar
1/3 tsp Cream of Tartar (I omit)
- In a bowl, using hand whisk, whisk yolks and sugar till sugar dissolves.
- Add salt, pandan juice, coconut milk and oil to the yolk mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat till the whites are frothy. Add in Cream of Tartar and beat till soft peaks.
- Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture using a rubber spatula till incorporated
- Pour the mixture to the remaining egg whites and fold in gently till incorporated.
- Pour the batter into 8" round pan. Bang the pan on the table to get rid of bubbles.
- Bake at pre-heated oven of 170C for 10 - 15 mins.
- Turn down the temperature to 160C and bake for another 35 - 40 mins.
- Reduce temperature further to 150C and bake for another 10 - 15 mins to brown the surface.
- Remove from the oven and invert the pan to cool.
For kaya layer, refer to recipe here
i always love this cake
i usually buy from bengawan solo
but i guess now i can make myself
thks for sharing :)
Ever since I started baking, I no longer buy commercial cakes. This is really easy, give it a try and let me know how it turn out for you.
May I know what's that white coating on the cake?
Hi! Can I check how do u unmould the cake from ur 8 inch pan, especially the bottom part? Does it come with a removal base? Thanks!
I use a regular cake pan, not one with removable base.
I just use a thin spatula to go around the side of the cake. I do the same thing for the base too.
Post a Comment