Steamed Tofu with Enoki and Beech Mushrooms
1 block of silken tofu, largely cubed
2 small packs of enoki, ends trimmed off and separated loosely.
1 pack of brown beech mushrooms, ends trimmed and separated (I used Buna Shimeji)
2 shallots, sliced and fried til crisp in 3 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
Some spring onion and chilli slices
- Arrange silken tofu cubes in a deep dish. Top with enoki and beech mushrooms. It'll be a huge mound, but don't worry, the mushrooms shrink a lot.
- Steam on high heat for 7-10 minutes, until mushroom wilts.
- Pour away liquid from dish.
- Top with shallot and the oil it was fried in, and light soy sauce.
- Garnish with some sliced spring onions and chilli. Serve immediately.
Looks good!!! BTW, it seemed too little soy sauce, I used mesuring spoon leh... 2 tbsp. Those for eating rice is only 1/3 the amount of a measuring one leh.
Thanks for linking me!!
look simple and good!
Mmm....delicious. This is a light dish that I like. I love the mushrooms. They give a lovely natural sweetness to the dish. I'll probably add some miso paste for additional flavour.
Wendy, I added 3 rice spoonful but still not enough. Think I must drain it really well and add more soy sauce next time.
Mary, this is indeed a light dish. And I think it's a great idea to add some miso paste :)
Very appetizing dish! Good for ladies :)
OIC.. 3 rice spoons is only 1 Tbsp leh. :)
Post a Comment