I still prefer the white skin, looks so neat and clean.
Took out another set of my disney cutters, Chip N Dale, and made these for the kids. DD1 likes Dale, which is the one with a smaller nose and DS2 picked Chip.
This time round, I made it slightly bigger, please see notes below.
Yields 8 big pieces or 20 small pieces (I had 17 pieces)
95g Fried Glutinous Rice Flour/Gao Fen
120g Icing Sugar
155ml cold water
400g lotus paste
Some melon seeds, toasted (optional)
- Mix Ingredients A and Ingredients B to form dough.
- Rub in shortening till get a smooth dough.
- Sprinkle some fried glutinous rice flour on working table.
- Wrap lotus paste with dough, roll into a ball.
- Lightly flour the mould.
- Place mooncake in mould , flatten, dislodge the mooncake.
- Chill in fridge before serving.
I used 20g skin + 25g filling for small mould and disney cutters.
your mooncake look really better than me, I just done today, but very ugly, taste ok. I will follow your recipe next time, Thanks for sharing.
Went to your blog but you have not updated. I'm hoping to do a better shaping next year. Must practise more!
Post a Comment