The first thing I did when I got home was to check on the damages. 7 out of 10 cracked! I had originally planned to make Rei's Condensed Milk Pound Cake but not in the morning as my morning schedule is usually very tight. With some cracked eggs, I prepared the ingredients hastily. For pound cakes, I usually do not like to take out the mixer but since I'm rushing for time, I decided to use it. This marks my 2nd mistake of the day. The butter were not softened to room temperature and the sugar splattered all over the counter top!! Darn!!! What a day! Now I can only pray for the cake to turn out well.
The loaf pan I used is quite big so I didn't get a good height but it helps in reducing the baking time.
Despite reducing the sugar, it is still too sweet for me. DD1 loves this cake and asked for 2nd serving. This is a soft and moist cake but it's just not my kind of cake. For those who love pound cakes, I'm sure you'll like this cake.
All packed up, ready to be given away :)
120g Butter (good quality butter)
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup or 100g Condensed Milk
120g Cake Flour
120g Cake Flour
3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and preheat oven to 170 deg.C
- In a bowl, using an electric whisk, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in salt, vanilla essence and condensed milk, whisk till incorporated.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until no traces of flour remains.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each additions.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 170 deg.C for 40 - 45 mins or till top is brown and skewer inserted comes out clean.