Friday, September 4, 2009

Blueberry Tart

With a frozen dough sitting in my freezer since June, I need to quickly utilise it before it gets out of sight, out of mind :P


Shortlisted HHB's Peach Tart and went ahead to blind bake the pastry. But blur me, I forgot to blind bake with some beans/rice on top. The pastry rose up to the brim of the pan and I had to scoop it out to create a hole to hold the fillings.

I don't usually stock up on canned peaches as DH is not a big fan of them, so I used my frozen blueberries instead.

I'm supposed to sift the grounded almond powder but they are way too chucky so I didn't bother with the sifting. You can taste the almond bits when biting into it and I thought it tasted more like coconut :P

DD1 loves this! She had a slice for breakfast and another 3 slices for our afternoon tea yesterday. This tart goes well with a cup of hot earl grey tea :-)
Ingredients for fillings
10g cake flour (or plain flour)
80g grounded almond powder
50g brown sugar
60g unsalted butter, soften at room temperature
1 egg, lightly beaten
some frozen blueberries

Method
  1. With a whisk, cream butter and brown sugar till the mixture turns fluffy. Add in the egg gradually, mix well each time the egg is added.
  2. Add in grounded almond powder. Fold with a spatula till well incorporated. Sieve over the flour onto the mixture. Mix with a spatula.
  3. Spread the filling onto the cooled pastry base. Ensure that the edges are filled up. Line with frozen blueberries and bake in pre-heated oven at 170 deg C for 30 ~ 35 mins, until the edges and filling turn golden brown.

No comments: