I've not made Bubor Chacha for the longest time as I find it very time consuming to do the tapioca flour jelly. Kids were asking for it last week and since DH was at home nursing his flu, I bought all the ingredients from the supermarket and made this.
As I don't follow recipes to a T, I cook this based on estimation.
Bubor Cha Cha
200ml Boiling water
200g tapioca flour
Food Colourings (optional)
Extra tapioca flour for dusting
500g sweet potato, cubed
500g yam, cubed
6 - 8 pandan leaves
2 litre water
200ml coconut milk (I use packet coconut milk)
1. Put tapioca flour in a mixing bowl, add in boiling water until it becomes a dough.
2. Divide into 2 parts and add food colourings to each part. Roll it out and cut into desired shape. Coat the cut out dough with more tapioca flour to prevent them from sticking together.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil and stir in the cut dough. Stir continuously to prevent them from sticking to one another. Boil until all jellies are translucent and float to the surface.
4. Remove from heat and put tapioca flour jelly in a large container/mixing bowl filled with ice water to prevent them sticking together. Set aside till further use.
5. Steam yam and sweet potato till cooked. Set aside
6. Boil 2 litre of water with pandan leaves and coconut milk.
7. Add steamed yam, sweet potato, sugar and tapioca flour jelly. Bring to boil and turn off fire.
Post a Comment