Attempted HHB's Peanut Butter Bread since my peanut butter had been sitting in my fridge for the longest time.
Originally a breadmachine recipe but I had it plaited and baked it in my oven instead. . And instead of using powdered milk since I don't have any at home, I replaced water with full-cream milk.
Baked it in my 9" x 5" loaf pan as I don't have a pullman loaf pan.
Here's another one plaited but slightly longer.
And it went into my 4" round pan.
The bread was soft and airy, BUT I thought the bread tasted rancid but kids love it. Again, another recipe that couldn't please everyone.
3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon oil
450g (3 cups) bread flour
1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1 & 1/4 teaspoons instant or fast-acting dried yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Let the machine knead for 15mins, stop the cycle and re-start the machine and let the dough knead for another cycle.
- Let it proof in machine for 30 - 45 mins or till double in size.
- When proofing is completed, punch down the bread dough to release the air.
- Divide dough into 2 portions (optional). Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 45-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 30 to 35mins.
- Remove bread to cool on rack completely.
Post a Comment